One of the biggest needs of man is having great food, and when this need is met, it is worth sharing. Give an extraordinary review when the food exceeds your expectations and be honest when the service is disappointing.
We welcome all views and opinions of your dining experiences, but while you do that there are expectations from every user on Gustasi. Your reviews and photos, as well as your profile and comments, are all guided by the content guidelines, found in our Foodie Code of Conduct.
If your activity on Gustasi doesn’t align with these content guidelines, we reserve the right to take action as we see fit. This could include changing or removing your reviews or comments, or ultimately the deletion of your Gustasi account altogether, with or without notice. Gustasi will remove any suspicious reviews. If you feel your review was deleted in error, email us at support@Gustasi.com.
If you notice any content that does not align with these guidelines or our Terms of Service, please let us know. We will review all reports. However, due to the nature of our community, it is possible that content that you don’t agree with might not meet the criteria to be removed. There are different strokes for different folks.
Foodie Code of Conduct
- Be brief: Your reviews should be a minimum of 140 characters, this is done to ensure that we collectively work towards building the highest quality content that’s of use to everyone. This equals to the length of tweets, so it’s convenient for all types of bloggers. If you cover the food, service, and ambiance, you shouldn’t fall short on characters. If you fill the space with unrelated content, we will have no other choice than to remove the review altogether.
- Keep it relevant: Please keep the reviews related to Gustasi. Accounts that create reviews which include: unrelated, inappropriate, or promotional content, that seeks customers, or those spam restaurants, will be removed without any notification.
- Be polite :Whether you’re writing a short or detailed account of your meal, avoid foul or derogatory language, threats, and lewdness out of it. We have zero-tolerance for behaviour such as this and will delete the review with immediate alacrity. This also includes (but is not limited to) derogatory comments on someone’s protected characteristics by the law (e.g. race, gender, religion or any indication of a personal grudge against a business and its associates).
- Be current and fresh: Submit only one review per restaurant and endeavour that is your most recent experience at the restaurant. There’s no need to write a review on an experience months ago. Reading current reviews is what’s going to help people decide whether or not to eat there. However, you’re free to edit and update your reviews based on recent visits at any time.
- Price authenticity: The quoted price on the Gustasi site and restaurant Menu must be the same, if any reason if it is not matched, will take action against the restaurant. In some cases, we will remove the listing from Gustasi.
- Keep it real: Write your review based on facts and your personal experiences (not someone else’s). Let it be a firsthand, one on one account of the place. We at Gustasi do not take sides in cases of dispute, so make sure you can stand by your word. Content that reveals that the reviewer did not visit the restaurant will be removed. Deceptive, fake, or misleading reviews will be removed. Please note that reviewing multiple fast-food outlets in quick succession (even if you eat at them more often than you should) is considered suspicious activity, and it’s likely these reviews will be moderated. Demanding and accepting a kickback (monetary or otherwise) in exchange for reviews or photographs is also not acceptable, and could result in the removal of your profile.
- Avoid intellectual theft: Plagiarism is a criminal offence, and we take a hard stance against it. Copying others’ own food photos is something that will not be tolerated. We trust that you’ll play fair and create your original content.
- Be transparent: All details are relevant. If you are lucky enough to receive a free meal as a guest of the restaurant or have an association with a restaurant or its owners, give full disclosure in your review. We’re sure that honesty is the best policy, and other users will respect you even more for it. If you are already an established writer or food critic, let us know and we can provide special access for your blog link to appear with your reviews.
- Show the real you: Your profile is what identifies you on Gustasi, so keep it real. You’re welcome to use a screen name (foodonym or a nickname), but please resist from using inappropriate names, bios, or profile images. You want to stay neat and polite, or we might end up removing your account depending on how inappropriate your profile is.
- Avoid impersonation: Identifying or promoting yourself as an official Gustasi blogger, using your status to demand benefits in exchange for promotion or threatening to post negative reviews on Gustasi will not be tolerated. If reported or evidence of such instances is present, you will have your Gustasi profile removed, no questions asked.
- Abide by the rules: The content you add should comply with Gustasi’s Terms and Conditions, as well as local laws and regulations. Local laws are on top priority, and content may be moderated to align with these.
- Channel your reservations to the correct source: Gustasi is a website and mobile application with no affiliations to a court of law or ministry of health. If you have an axe to grind with a restaurant, or if you feel a restaurant does not meet the standard set of health codes, we advise you to contact the appropriate authorities directly. Gustasi is not the right channel for reporting illegal activities, physical confrontations, health code violations, or anything under investigation by local governing bodies or law-enforcement personnel. We encourage that such accusations be reported to the concerned authorities and should not be part of your reviews.
- Seeing is believing: A picture speaks better than a hundred words. That said, it’s important to keep in mind of our photo guidelines, and understand why some photos may be removed once they’ve been added. Photos that are clear, in focus, and can capture the delicious moment will be featured in the restaurant’s’ photo galleries. Ambiance shots that state the overall mood of a place will also be a showcase on restaurant pages.
Photos that are exact replicas, plagiarized photos, promotional content, includes photos of others posted without prior permission, and unpleasant or ugly photos that ruin people’s appetites will be removed without negotiation.
Guidelines for Restaurants
Gustasi is rated high as a platform for restaurants to reach out to vast food lovers all over the world. The following are what you should keep in mind to maintain a high level of standard
- Keep your listing up-to-date: While our team makes every effort to keep information on Gustasi fresh and trendy, we appreciate every feedback when an update is required. If your business hours change and your listing is not updated, customers arriving late won’t be too happy with you (or Gustasi).
- Don’t canvas for reviews: The best way to get reviews is to delight and give a first-class service to customers with your food and service. Subtle solicitation is a strict NO, and offering any compensation or kick-back for reviews is unfair, so you would want to keep away from that as well.
- Accept criticisms: Negative comments are inevitable; it is the destiny of all restaurants who have customers. Take the unflattering reviews as constructive feedback and use it as an opportunity to fix things. Whether you agree with the feedback or not, take the criticism in stride. Be diplomatic in your dealings, show you care, but please don’t use this as a platform to hit back or offer the customer an incentive to edit their review. Your response cannot be edited after posting, so make sure you choose your words very wisely.
- Be accountable and responsible: Gustasi will not moderate any questionable activities about your restaurant posted in reviews. First names of employees and mentions of owners will also be left unmoderated. This business demands thick skin – highlighting the observed attitude of owners or employees and reporting of individual actions are not considered as personal attacks.
- Avoid fulfilling the demands of customers who ask for benefits at the threat of bad reviews or ratings, it sends a message to others that this behaviour is tolerated. Furthermore, inviting users who have reviewed and given a low score back to the restaurant for a complimentary meal, invites fake negative feedback. These issues affect the entire community and require everyone’s participation to curb their prevalence. Please report users who engage in such activities to support@Gustasi.com.
- In a concerted effort to maintain the neutrality of content on Gustasi, restaurant owners, employees, and any affiliates with business interests are no longer permitted to write reviews on Gustasi. We understand that being in the restaurant industry, you are truly passionate about food, and would love to share your experiences. With all you have invested in your business, it becomes impossible to be emotionally attached. This is a step towards maintaining neutrality and the quality of the content on Gustasi.
- It’s also important to note that we (Gustasi) have no employees or affiliates who are on our payroll whose job is to review. If any guest identifies themselves as an official blogger, review employee, or associate of Gustasi, he or she is a fraud. Employees of Gustasi are contractually and ethically forbidden from using their status to solicit free meals or receive special treatment. If you observe any such practice, report it to support@Gustasi.com. Appropriate action will be taken against the user or employee if evidence can be provided.
Gustasi Employee Code of Ethics
The onus lies on the staff of Gustasi to adhere to and uphold the highest ethical standards and integrity in the discharge of their responsibilities. This includes acting on our core values and the following policies at all times
- Gustasi employees are prohibited from using their employee status to solicit discounts, freebies, or special treatment at restaurants. Unless on their visits to the restaurant for unofficial business, Gustasi employees are to desist from identifying themselves as employees of Gustasi.
- The Gustasi’s Sales Team is prohibited from writing reviews or adding subjective content to Gustasi from either their personal or Gustasi accounts. They are also not allowed to manipulate others to write doctored reviews.
- Reviewers and photo moderators that work with Gustasi must always act in favour of keeping Gustasi a neutral platform. They are required to exercise their best idea in implementing, moderation rules, guidelines and are prohibited from giving special treatment to restaurants. Deleting any authentic review from a restaurant page is a gross violation of our policies. Similarly, keeping reviews and comments which are proven to be not genuine and cooked up, violates our policies.
Please email support@Gustasi.com if you witness any behaviour not in compliance with this code as it is in direct violation of employee contracts.