# KALAGAYA PULUSU
KALAGAYA PULUSU is Easy to prepare, this PULUSU has a tangy flavor and sweetness are nicely absorbed by the vegetables which makes them even tastier the next day.
KALAGAYA PULUSU RECIPE
- Vegetables: 2 Cups cubed (Anapakay-Bottle gourd, Bendakay-Okra, Tomato, Carrot)
- Onions: 1 finely chopped
- Green chillies: 2 finely chopped
- Ginger : 1/2 inch finely chopped/grated
- Chintapandu(Tamarind)juice: 1 cup
- Water: 2 cups
- Jaggery: 3 Table spoons grated
- Curry leaves
- Oil: 1 table spoon
- Avalu(Mustard Seeds): 1/2 teaspoon
- Jeelakarra(jeera): 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chilles: 2 no
- Garlic: 2 bulbs
- Salt: to taste
- Turmeric: 1/2 teaspoon
- Chilli powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Step 1 In a pan, add oil. Once oil is hot add Mustard seeds. When they start spluttering add jeera, Curry leaves, Red chillies & Garlic.
- Step 2 Add Onions and Green chillies. Saute them until onions turns soft.
- Step 3 Add the cubed vegetables, mix well and close it with a lid. Let them cook for 10 minutes. Keep checking occasionally.
- Step 4 Add salt, turmeric, chili powder, mix them.
- Step 5 Add the Tamarind juice, water and jaggery. Mix everything well and close with a lid.
- Step 6 Let it cook for about 15 minutes.
- Step 7 Switch off the flame and transfer to a bowl.
- Step 8 Serve hot with rice.
Read More About KALAGAYA KURA | SANKRANTI SPECIAL RECIPE