DEEPAWALI ACROSS INDIA
KOBBARI LASKORA (TELUGU)
KOBBARI LASKORA RECIPE
- 1.5 cup of grated coconut
- 3/4 cup of grated jaggery
- 1/4 Green Cardamom Powder
- Ghee for greasing palms
- 1/4 cup water
- Step 1 Shred or grate the coconut
- Step 2 Add jaggery and water to pan and met on low flame to make a syrup
- Step 3 Add ghee to a heavy bottom or non stick pan and heat it. Add the grated coconut
- Step 4 & evenly fry for 2 to 3 minutes
- Step 5 Filter the jaggery syrup to avoid sediments
- Step 6 Add cardamom powder and mix well
- Step 7 Cook till the moisture evaporates & the mixture gets stringy in about 3 to 4 mins.
- Step 8 Cool the mixture – garnishing with nuts is extra if required
- Step 9 Grease your palms & make small portions of the mix to make cute looking balls
- Over cooking makes it dry & powdery. Balls cannot me made.
- Lasts for over a week – Do not refrigerate KOBBARI LASKORA. Store in air tight container.
Read how to make WHEAT FLOUR HALWA RECIPE